As a volleyball player, you’d be already aware that a specific volleyball shoe is not that effective as a basketball shoe. So there is no point in buying a shoe that does not even brace your ankle or support your arch properly. That’s where you might need basketball shoes for better support, comfort, and grip.
It can be said that basketball and volleyball both have kindred requirements and identical movements. Plus there is very limited choice in volleyball shoes that’s why most of the volleyball players choose basketball shoes for better performance.
Basketball shoes provide more variety regarding aesthetics, ankle or arch support, comfort, and compact grip. Whosoever switched from volleyball shoes to basketball shoes, never regrets.
When it comes to playing different sports, everybody has their priorities regarding the requirements they look for in a shoe. For example, if you’ve been through some ankle injuries, the most important feature you might look for must be ankle support.
That’s why I’m here to help you choose the best basketball shoe for volleyball. But before digging deeper, there are some aspects that you must be mindful of while choosing the best basketball shoe for volleyball.
So, let’s clear these aspects first in buying guide section before going further.
Here are the top 7 basketball shoes for playing volleyball listed carefully based on detailed research and feedback of customers.
- List Of Top 7 Best Basketball Shoes For VolleyBall To Buy In 2021:
- 1: Nike Men’s Air Precision – Best overall volleyball shoes:
- 2:ASICS Men’s Gel-Rocket – With Gel Cushioning:
- 3) Adidas Harden Stepback:
- 4) Nike Kobe Mamba Rage – Best Volleyball Shoes for professionals:
- 5) Nike Men’s KD Trey 5 – For Both Indoor and Outdoor Volleyball Courts:
- 6) Under Armour Men’s Lockdown – Budget-Friendly Foot Wear for Volleyball:
- 7) Adidas Men’s Marquee Boost Low:
- Things To Consider While Buying Basketball Shoes For Volleyball:
- Shock absorption:
- Outsole and Traction:
- Top-line design:
- FINAL VERDICT:
List Of Top 7 Best Basketball Shoes For VolleyBall To Buy In 2021:
Nike Men’s Air Precision
|Check On Amazon|
ASICS Men’s Gel-Rocket
|Check On Amazon|
Adidas Harden Stepback
|Check On Amazon|
Nike Kobe Mamba Rage
|Check On Amazon|
Nike Men’s KD Trey 5
|Check On Amazon|
Under Armour Men’s Lockdown 4
|Check On Amazon|
Adidas Men’s Marquee Boost Low
|Check On Amazon|
1: Nike Men’s Air Precision – Best overall volleyball shoes:
In the world of athletic shoes, the brand that always comes up first in mind is Nike. Professional players whether from volleyball, football, basketball, or tennis, can trust Nike without any doubt.
With that being said, the first basketball shoe for volleyball is Nike Men’s Air Precision. The perfect Air Precision is the one that may take you one step ahead regarding traction and flexibility while playing volleyball. Nike always comes up with a perfect footwear design that provides comfort and support to volleyball athletes.
Nike usually doesn’t offer low-price products but this time surprisingly the prices are not that high. So, now you can enjoy quality footwear without tearing up your pockets.
Key Features of Nike Air Precision:
- First and foremost, the mesh material of Air Precision is ventilated enough due to its visible pores. The air circulation is raised to prevent your foot from extreme sweating. It allows you to play volleyball for a long time without being distracted due to moisture.
- The most fascinating feature of the basketball shoes for volleyball is their high-arch design. The high-arch design of Nike Air Precision not only holds up your heel but also provides balance for the arch of the feet.
- The most incredible feature of Nike Air Precision is its midsole. It offers thorough heel-to-toe support and comfort to your feet. The shock-absorbing feature in Nike Air Precision is the one that attracts most of the volleyball athletes towards it.
- The outsole offers incredible grip to court due to its traction patterns. While wearing these basketball shoes, you can play volleyball on smooth surfaces without any fear of slippage.
2:ASICS Men’s Gel-Rocket – With Gel Cushioning:
Another brand name that provides the best basketball shoes for volleyball, along with Nike and Adidas, is ASICS. Many professional volleyball athletes could be seen wearing footwear from this brand. This is due to the new soothing feature introduced by ASICS i.e. Gel-Cushioning.
The very feature offers required soothing, comfort, and cooling effect to your feet. With that being said, the prices are of ASICS footwear are comparatively low. Yet it offers quality and comfort much more than you can expect from it.
Key Features of ASICS Men’s Gel-Rocket:
- Asics Gel-Rocket is lightweight foot wear. This is due to synthetic material used in central construction to ensure less burden or extra weight on the feet. That’s why you feel like wearing nothing while playing volleyball.
- As the name suggests, Asics features an interesting Gel-Cushioning system in the forefoot. These best basketball shoes for volleyball not only provide a cooling effect but also provide heel-to-toe comfort and support. This gel-cushioning system also absorbs shock really well to minimize the chances of a foot injury.
- One of the best features of Asics volleyball shoes is Trusstic System technology. It prevents extreme turning and twisting of the shoe while making swift moves. It also provides stability and prevents athletes from potential foot injuries.
- While playing volleyball or any other aggressive game, traction patterns play an important role. Asics features a rubber outsole with honeycomb traction patterns. That provides better grip in either indoor or outdoor courts while playing volleyball.
3) Adidas Harden Stepback:
James Harden’s signature shoes from Adidas are another superb pick on our list. This pair of shoes is specially picked up for those volleyball athletes that crave comfort and strength while playing. The lacing system is ergonomic as it provides a snug and secure fit for a long time. Adidas Harden Stepback provides due comfort and stability while playing volleyball in either outdoor or indoor courts.
Adidas Harden Stepback is low-top design footwear for better arch support without hindering your fast movements. Its price range is also less than 100 bucks for some specific colors and sizes. This is also a plus point to buy Adidas Harden Stepback for an effective volleyball game.
Key Features of Adidas Harden Stepback
- First things first, the upper mesh of Adidas Harden Stepback is constructed with textile material. This feature offers perfect ventilation for your feet throughout the game. The toe cap is made of synthetic material to provide strength.
- A tightly fit shoe can affect your movements and cause a negative impact on the game. But Adidas Harden Stepback is equipped with an ergonomic lacing system to provide snugly fit your feet without hindering your movements. This lacing system is not too tight yet secures your foot and provides comfort.
- Due to overall fabric construction and a synthetic sole, this pair of footwear is lightweight. If you wear heavy footwear, you might need to change them between the games due to their bulky design. But this is the best basketball shoe for volleyball regarding weight and design.
- Traction in the front area of the sole is incredible due to herringbone patterns. But the heel area of the outsole has different and unique patterns to ensure extra grip to the ground.
- The footwear can be wear in either outdoor or indoor volleyball courts due to its thick rubber outsole. Also, the cushioning system is super comfy that offers due comfort and protection of arches.
4) Nike Kobe Mamba Rage – Best Volleyball Shoes for professionals:
Nike Kobe Mamba Range is specially constructed for professional volleyball athletes who seek a strong and firm grip on the court while playing volleyball. Nike Men’s Kobe provides you support and sheer comfort whether you play volleyball indoors or outdoors so that you can concentrate on the game. Speaking of aesthetics, no one can beat the class of Nike. As Men’s Kobe screaming of its subtle, ergonomic, and minimalist design that attracts most of the professional volleyball athletes. Prices are also economical as some of the colors and designs are almost 100 bucks so you can get this footwear without breaking the bank.
Key Features of Nike Kobe Mamba Rage
- In professional volleyball, high jumps are required to smash and serve the ball that might cause feet injuries. But with the shock-absorbing capability of Nike Kobe, you can jump sky high without any fear of injury.
- Usually, professional athletes complain about their sweaty feet. The upper in Nike Kobe is constructed with complete mesh for incredible ventilation. This breathable mesh upper fades away the moisture and allows the players to enjoy their stay in court without any hassle.
- Everything about this pair is unique. For instance, take its special Foamy Midsole. The addition of Lunarlon foamy midsole offers due to comfort and flexibility at the same time. It also provides support to the arch and ankle while playing volleyball.
- Finally, yet importantly, Men’s Kobe is known for providing apt comfort and protection to the players. The outsole has remarkable micro-tuned patterns for extraordinary traction on the ground. It helps athletes in improving their footwork and prevents them from slipping while making pacy movements.
5) Nike Men’s KD Trey 5 – For Both Indoor and Outdoor Volleyball Courts:
Another Nike footwear collaborated with Kevin Durant is one of the most used Basketball shoes for volleyball by athletes. The design and cuts of this shoe wear provide support and flexibility, especially to volleyball athletes. Nike introduced its advanced Renew Foam in the insole that offers comfort and shock absorption to volleyball professional athletes. Traction in Nike KD shoes is pretty good due to the gum-like rubber outsole that is sturdy enough for both outdoor and indoor volleyball courts. Plus you won’t break your banks while buying this superb quality Nike KD shoes as they are not more than 150 bucks.
Key Features of Nike Men’s KD Trey 5:
- Traction is the key feature that every volleyball or basketball athlete looks for in a shoe. In Nike KD the traction is pretty good due to the thick and strong gum-outsole with a complex traction pattern system on it. This footwear is durable enough for either outdoor or indoor volleyball courts.
- The insole is constructed with Renew Foam that provides comfort as well as shock absorption while smashing. After wearing Nike KD first time, the shoes would feel like already broken-in and extremely responsive on the court. Also, the cuts and design of this shoe make it flexible enough for making fast moves.
- Speaking of aesthetics and looks, Nike KD trey 5 won’t disappoint you. The material, lacing system, cuts, and translucent rubber on the outsole that snugs your foot from the sole is amazing.
- The high-top is designed to provide arch support as well as ankle freedom with its side-cute. This feature provides support to your heel and arch with flexibility so you can make swift moves without any resistance.
6) Under Armour Men’s Lockdown – Budget-Friendly Foot Wear for Volleyball:
For a volleyball player, shoe wear that is less in weight and provides due comfort as well as the dream come true. Therefore, Under Armour manufactured Men’s Lockdown shoes by keeping two things in mind; less weight and comfort for the volleyball athletes. These shoes are known as the best budget basketball shoes for volleyball of 2021 as they cost under $70. Regardless of what color or size you choose, they won’t cost you more than 70 bucks. These are the features that attract most of the volleyball players towards Under Armour Men’s Lockdown.
Key Features of Under Armour Men’s Lockdown
- Usually, leather uppers are not breathable enough for ventilation but Under Armour constructs the leather upper with perforations. These perforations allow circulation of air and fade-away moisture for proper ventilation.
- Under Armour used EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) midsole for cooling effect while intense gameplay. EVA midsole not only provides comfort but also a massive support to your feet during high jumps.
- Lastly, the Rubber Outsole of Men’s Lockdown basketball shoes for volleyball has unique traction patterns. These patterns help you with a better grip on the ground and prevent unnecessary slip or stretch.
7) Adidas Men’s Marquee Boost Low:
I’d be summarizing my review section with another pick from Adidas i.e. Marquee Boost Low. These shoes are constructed in low-top design as the name suggests, for better flexibility and arch support. And the design is not bulky as well. It doesn’t matter whether you are playing defensive or aggressive these shoes going to protect your feet. These basketball shoes for volleyball won’t cost you more than 50 bucks on some particular sizes.
Key Features of Adidas Men’s Marquee Boost Low:
- The amalgamation of air mesh and textile upper enhances ventilation as well as balance. Thus, the moisture fades away easily and your feet remain comfortable as much as possible.
- Special B-Ball design provides extra comfort and flexibility at the same time. While wearing these shoes, volleyball athletes can enjoy their time in court for as long as they desire.
- Last but not least, you can wear these trendy shoes casually as well. They are ideal for parties, college, daily walks, and running purposes. Plus it won’t disappoint you regarding durability.
Things To Consider While Buying Basketball Shoes For Volleyball:
It doesn’t matter whether you are playing basketball or volleyball; breathability is the most important feature that never is missed whatsoever you are wearing.
If the shoe you are wearing is not airy enough, that may distract you while playing especially if you are also wearing socks. So, always choose a shoe with good breathable material. It makes it easier for you to stay focused on the game without causing excessive sweating.
Textile or mesh materials are considered breathable materials as they provide proper ventilation and fade away the moisture effectively. You must make this feature your priority.
In Sports like basketball or volleyball, there are a lot of high jumps, fast moves, and aggression going on for better game impact. But if you are not wearing the right shoes for shock absorption, you probably end up with cramps or severe foot injuries.
To prevent these incidents, you must choose a pair of shoes that are constructed with a proper midsole and outsole.
If you are wearing a shoe with a supportive midsole, you would jump sky-high without any hesitation. The midsole provides comfort and shock absorption so, you should consider this feature while looking for basketball shoes for volleyball.
Outsole and Traction:
No matter if it is volleyball or basketball, outsole and traction are the main aspects every player should consider while buying shoes. Traction is as much required in volleyball as in basketball.
The outsole with good traction patterns provides incredible grip to the ground and prevents slippage. Complex traction patterns are perfect for smooth surfaces while rough surfaces are fine with spread-out patterns.
Different to-line designs are now available in the market. But you should choose the one that suits you the best or provide extra support.
3 types of top-line designs are available; low-top, mid-top, and high-top.
If you like ankle freedom then I would suggest you go with low-top design basketball shoes. But if you need some arch support without covering your ankle, look for mid-top basketball shoes for volleyball.
On the other hand, if you need some extra support for your ankle and arch as well, choose a shoe with a high-top design. But be mindful that it might restrict swift movements as it covers your ankle.
I hope after reading the above buying guide you are now able to choose the best basketball shoes for playing volleyball unambiguously.
Based on my research and detailed review I would recommend my top 3 choices of best basketball shoes for volleyball.