Within just a few decades basketball has become EMOTION for many people, especially for Americans. And with that being said, the market for basketball-related gadgets is also growing rapidly. That makes it a hard task to find out the best basketball shoes with traction.
There are so many options for one who seeks a perfect basketball shoe with incredible traction. It is not possible to select the best traction basketball shoes without any guidance or proper knowledge regarding basketball shoes.
Fortunately, many online reviewing sites are providing their personal and professional athlete’s reviews that make it easy for you to choose the best basketball shoe with great traction. These reviews might help you in saving your time and money as well.
That’s why I’m here to share my personal experience and some of the other professional player’s reviews regarding the traction of some well–known basketball shoes with you.
- Best Traction Basketball Shoes – Buying Guide:
- Features to look at before Choosing the Best Traction Basketball shoes 2021:
- Shoe Material:
- Ankle Support:
- Outsole & Grip:
- List Of Top 7 Best Traction Basketball Shoes To Buy In 2021:
- 1) Adidas Men’s Pro Next 2019:
- 2) Adidas Men’s Explosive Bounce 2018:
- 3) Nike Men’s Kyrie 3:
- 4) Nike KD 13 Men’s:
- 5) Under Armour Men’s Spawn:
- 6) Under Armour Men’s Curry 7:
- 7) Nike Men’s Zoom Rev II:
- Final Words:
Best Traction Basketball Shoes – Buying Guide:
While buying basketball shoes with great traction that bites the ground well, is not easy as other features should be considered as well.
First of all, there are a lot of options on the market that might confuse you within no time. Secondly, only good traction is not enough while selecting basketball shoes. There are also other features you need to consider like comfort is also an important feature while buying a Bball sneaker.
In short, you surely need someone to guide you on how to select the perfect shoes for traction.
Luckily, you have me who loves to find out information as much as possible about basketball sneakers. That’s why I know the goods and bads of what you might look out for in basketball shoes.
Hold back! And give this buying guide an in-depth read. I assure you that you will be able to make the best choice of your life for sure.
Let’s get started:
Features to look at before Choosing the Best Traction Basketball shoes 2021:
While selecting footwear for yourself, it is also necessary to consider the type of shoe material from which it’s been made up.
Usually used materials are either textile, synthetic, or amalgamation of both. Mesh overlays are also available in some shoes.
But before choosing shoes for yourself, you first need to think out that what type of player you are? By understanding this, you can easily choose footwear for yourself.
- All-round Player: Well if you’re an all-round player, you should look for the most standard shoe type. Luckily, most of the shoes are being designed under this category. So, choose shoes with more cushioning and ankle support.
- Fast Player: A fast player usually goes for lightweight footwear with a lower cut. If you are a fast player, look for average cushioning, support, and flexibility. This helps you to keep up with the speed.
- Power Player: If you love to dunk or try any powerful stunts, you gonna need a shoe that can hold out against all the abuse. And to protect your ankle and feet, choose a shoe with maximum traction, support, and cushioning.
One thing that you should not underestimate is cushioning. No doubt, traction is an important feature in basketball shoes but without proper cushioning, your feet might get hurt or even worse.
Just like traction patterns, versatile cushioning systems are also being made by different brands.
- Adidas Boost: Adidas introduced their Cushioning technology based on TPU compression theory. In layperson’s language, TPU cells will give the same energy back that you exerted on the sole. That’s why it’s termed the ‘‘Boost’’.
- Nike Zoom Air: The Nike Zoom Air cushioning is the amalgamation of internal fibers with pressurized air. That will provide an extreme spring back response cushion.
- Jordan FlightPlate: In this technology, a flight plate is added to enhance Nike Zoom Air. It causes pressure against the Zoom Bags and upgrades the cushioning and responsiveness.
- Under Armour Charged Cushioning: It is the best choice for fast players as it’s the lightest cushioning system of all. It’s a 2 piece cushioning system, comprises a plush and soft layer of foam on top of a thick and firmer foam layer.
Safety of ankle is of utmost importance as Basketball is already advancing with quicker gameplay. If you are underestimating the importance of ankle support, you cannot survive professional gameplay in long run.
Ankle support will allow you to achieve extreme stunts without getting hurt. However, there are no ideal shoes for preventing these injuries.
Mostly sneakers like Bball, either have a high-top, mid-top, or low-top design.
Now straight to the point, avoid high-top designs as they are too high and restrict ankle movements completely.
I would recommend you to go with mid-top designs for ankle protection and flexibility as well. Low-tops can provide maximum flexibility but due to lower cuts, your ankle would be more prone to injuries while wearing low-tops.
Outsole & Grip:
One of the most important features you should consider is the outsole and traction of the Basketball shoes. A thick rubber outsole is an ideal choice for both indoor and outdoor courts.
Traction patterns are also important. Always look for deeper traction patterns despite the shoe brand. As deep traction patterns offer more grip to the court while making fast moves.
Herringbone traction patterns are the most reliable traction patterns for gripping the ground well enough. Other than that, I would recommend a shoe that has got multidirectional traction patterns. These patterns will provide incredible grip and allow you to move without any difficulty.
I think I’m spitting truth by saying that ‘‘Breathable footwear could act as miracle for you’’
With that being said, a shoe with a breathable upper can keep your feet dry and ensure proper air circulation.
This would make it easier for you to concentrate on the game more rather than thinking about your sweaty feet.
I would recommend shoes with mesh uppers as they circulate air in and out well enough.
List Of Top 7 Best Traction Basketball Shoes To Buy In 2021:
Adidas Men’s Pro Next
|Check On Amazon|
Adidas Men’s Explosive Bounce
|Check On Amazon|
Nike mens kyrie 3
|Check On Amazon|
Nike KD 13 Mens
|Check On Amazon|
Under Armour Men’s Spawn Low
|Check On Amazon|
Under Armour Men’s Curry 7
|Check On Amazon|
Nike Mens zoom rev II
|Check On Amazon|
1) Adidas Men’s Pro Next 2019:
Adidas doesn’t hold back when it comes to Basketball shoes with strong traction. For example, Pro Next, a robust basketball shoe, keeps your feet cozy and ensures due grip at the same time. The icing on the cake is its incredible design, which attracts athletes other than basketball players towards it.
- Herringbone Rubber Outsole: Starting with the flexible and durable rubber outsole with a herringbone pattern. It provides premium grip no matter what type of court you’re playing in. There would be lesser, near to zero, chances of injuries as these shoes would give you maximum stability.
- Cloudfoam Midsole: Adidas has improved a lot and this Cloudfoam Midsole is the proof of it. Be it comfort, relaxation, or response, this midsole won’t be letting you down anytime soon. Plus its shock and impact absorption capabilities are incredible.
- 100% Synthetic Construction: Other than great traction, Adidas basketball shoes won’t overburden your feet with bulky designs. Adidas uses 100% synthetic material to provide as little weight footwear as possible. Hence, you could play with agility and strength every time.
- Synthetic Upper: These Adidas traction basketball shoes also feature a synthetic upper that keeps your feet balanced. There are visible pores on the synthetic upper that improves blood and air circulation.
- Regular Fit & Mid-top Design: while wearing the sneaker with the best fit would automatically uplift your confidence. Plus the mid-top design would give freedom to your ankle so you can make fast moves without any hurdle.
2) Adidas Men’s Explosive Bounce 2018:
Adidas Men’s Explosive is a reliable basketball shoe with immense grip. Considered as a superb basketball sneaker with immense grip, Men’s Explosive will help you enhance your lateral movements and footwork. Other than that, its shape is quite attractive and aesthetic. Plus the price tag of this footwear is quite affordable so you can easily buy and enjoy its premium feel.
- Traction Patterns: First things first, Men’s Explosive has got the Rubber Outsole with zig-zag traction patterns. These patterns and rubber outsole allow you to move sideways, forward, backward, or stop instantly and prevents slippage.
- Midfoot Strap: Secondly, this basketball shoe has got a midfoot strap on top of it which provides an anatomical fit. The strap could be adjusted as per your feet comfortable so you can enjoy basketball to its fullest.
- Bounce Cushioned Midsole: Up next, we have got Adidas’s bouncy cushioned midsole that keeps your feet comfortable and away from due impacts. Besides, it also provides an elevated push that helps athletes in jumping higher than expected. Plus it also makes the landing smooth and never lets your feet get hurt.
- Textile Upper: Next, this footwear features a two-layered mesh with a TPU overlay. TPU overlay provides expected durability and flexibility while keeping the footwear lightweight. Plus, the two-layered mesh offers the breathability to keeps the sweat away from your feet.
- Mid-Top Design: its mid-top design offers you expected flexibility and freedom to your ankle along with required support and protection. This means you can easily move past your opponents and get those 3 points by shooting or dunking without twisting over your ankle.
3) Nike Men’s Kyrie 3:
When it comes to choosing the best basketball shoes for money, Nike is the first that comes to mind. Nike Kyrie 3 is the signature shoe of Kyrie Irving that can offer some superb features like immense grip, flexibility, durability, and comfort as well. Nike Kyrie 3 makes it possible to make crazy cuts without being worried about slip or slide. Plus the look is pretty attractive and aesthetic.
- Traction Patterns: First and foremost, the traction patterns are exceptionally good. Nike Kyrie 3 has got herringbone patterns on the whole outsole. Plus, there are 2 multidirectional pods in the forefoot that provides grip while changing directions.
- Lace-Closure System: Kyrie 3 features a lace closure system. It keeps your feet lockdown and provides a comfortable fit. Plus, there is a strong and stretchable band across the top of the shoe that provides due support while making quick moves and cuts.
- Zoom-Air Cushioning: Up next, this footwear features a Zoom Air cushioning system in the heel area. This means you only get cushioning and support in your heel area. So if you are looking for extra support for your feet, it is not an ideal option for you.
- Flywire Technology: Nike’s first priority is to provide comfort and support to their customers. That’s why Nike Kyrie 3 has got the Flywire technology that provides support without burdening your feet as the pair is lightweight as well.
- Well-Padded Collar: lastly, the pair have got a well-padded collar. This provides perfect support to your ankle without limiting your movements as it can flex easily. Plus, the rounded sole keeps your feet comfy.
4) Nike KD 13 Men’s:
Nike never disappoints when it comes to cushioning and providing comfort to its customers. Nike KD 13 is considered the best basketball shoe that provides support, comfort, and exceptional grip at the same time. You can easily make fast moves as it is ultra-light in weight and does not burden your feet. Speaking of price tag, it’s also economical so get yourself a Nike KD 13 and enjoy basketball on either indoor or outdoor courts.
- Traction patterns: the traction patterns are not traditional this time. Nike KD 13 has got nubs and circular cups under the foot that are positioned in a way to provide maximum grip to the ground. No matter in which direction you move or in which court you play, the grip is awesome.
- Full-length Zoom Air Cushioning: The most appealing feature of this Nike KD 13 is its cushioning system. Nike places a Full-length Zoom Air Cushioning system directly under your feet to provide maximum comfort. Plus the insole is foam-based and every time you lace this footwear up, you’d feel like walking on the clouds.
- Material: Up next, the upper is constructed with ripstop material and textiles that offer softness and comfort to the forefoot area. It also offers the already broken-in feeling.
- Fitting and foot lockdown: The KD 13 is a bit on the narrower side. But I would recommend going with your true size to avoid facing sloppier forefoot. The lockdown is perfect without any restriction, pain, or pinching.
- Support: Nike KD 13 features a wide base that offers due support to your feet. Other than that, the lack of a forefoot midsole cage might be a drawback. It makes your forefoot a bit vulnerable but it’s still not a deal-breaker.
5) Under Armour Men’s Spawn:
Honestly, I’m not amused by how Under Armour has crafted its latest sneakers. Still, it does the job of providing a firm grip practically and that’s why I added it to my review list. Starting with the multidirectional rubber outsole that offers flexibility and grip to the ground. Other than that, the EVA sock liner and Micro G foam Midsole are the features that amuse me.
- Outsole & traction pattern: These are the main features that compel me to add this pair to this review list. Men’s Spawn has got enhanced traction patterns that offer due grip. You can run free across the court without facing any obstacle. The outsole is right for both indoor and outdoor courts.
- Micro G Foam Midsole: It keeps the feet quite relaxed and comfy. Besides, the midsole offers enough response to manage higher jumps and dunks.
- Low-top Design: It translates to aggressive gameplay with maximum freedom of ankle. But you have to take care of your ankle as it has become wide open to get injuries.
- Upper Material: Besides its ugly design, I must say that your feet receive actual support and balance from the upper part of the shoes. Plus the interwoven layers of TPU with mesh overlay offers maximum breathability and proper air ventilation.
6) Under Armour Men’s Curry 7:
Traction is something that Under Armour is famous for. The grip on both outdoor and indoor courts is amazing. The support is also appealing due to the internal heel counter and HOVR around the sidewalls that keep your feet on the footbed. On the aesthetic side, Men’s Curry 7 is great-looking footwear. The price tags are slightly higher than others but worth it.
- Traction Patterns: Firstly, the traction patterns are amazing as I said earlier. The herringbone patterns are used besides a radial pattern. Both worked really well together as you don’t have to wipe the dust off even once. The grip is exceptional on both indoor and outdoor courts due to multidirectional coverage.
- Micro G and HOVR Cushioning System: Under Armour used both of its best foam compounds. The dual setup offers stability and a bit of firm cushioning. If you are looking for springy plushness or bounce back, you might get disappointed. I recommend this footwear for Shooters and anyone else looking for a stable setup.
- Upper Material: Next up, the upper material is 100% synthetic and textile. That works really well on-court. This provides proper air ventilation of air and keeps your feet away from moisture.
- Overall fit & Lockdown: The overall fit and lockdown are pretty good. After wearing these shoes right out of the box, you will get an already broken-in feeling. I’d recommend going with your true size.
- Internal Heel Counter with TPU moderator plater: Support mainly comes from the internal heel counter and TPU moderator plate. They both help in stabilizing of footbed. HOVR cushioning around sidewalls prevent your foot from sliding off from the footbed.
7) Nike Men’s Zoom Rev II:
If you are looking for shoes that you can wear while playing indoors with comfort and breathability, this is it! Nike Men’s Zoom Rev features the most comfortable material that keeps your feet comfy and ventilated as well. Other than that, the support system works superbly despite its outsole design. From the price perspective, you can get this footwear for almost 100 bucks.
- Traction patterns: first and foremost, Nike used Full-Length Herringbone Pattern that grips the ground well enough. On the other hand, the rubber is not that tacky so it might catch dust easily. So if you are looking for a shoe that tolerates outdoor courts, it’s not a good choice as it only bites the indoor courts well.
- Forefoot Zoom Air Cushioning: Well, Nike used Zoom Air Units in the forefoot area rather than full-length cushioning. Yet the cushioning system is quite comfortable so you can jump higher without any fear of getting injuries.
- Spongy Midsole: next up, Rev has got a Phylon Midsole that offers due comfort and cushioning. The Phylon midsole is light in weight that makes this pair a comfortable choice for those looking for extra cushioning.
- Upper Material: Rev’s upper material is made of very soft, cozy mesh that is backed up with a very thin layer of the fuse. This amalgamation provides strength and breathability as well.
- Overall fit & lockdown: Last but obviously not least, the overall fitting of Rev Men’s basketball shoes is incredible. The shoes fit like gloves to wide footers also. So I would recommend going with your true size.
We are wrapping things up with the best picks from the above list. Although every basketball shoe included above is best for traction. But if you want my personal opinion, these three basketball shoes are best in terms of traction and performance on the court.